This delicious homemade Hot Blueberry Sauce is perfect for topping ice cream and pound cake.
Since my Hot Cherry Sauce has been such a hit this summer, I thought it would be nice to share my recipe for hot blueberry sauce too. If you see blueberries on sale, grab them and make this sauce. You only need about a cup and a half for the recipe. It’s so easy to make, and the result is super scrumptious!
- fresh blueberries
- granulated white sugar
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- grated lemon zest
How to make Hot Blueberry Sauce:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
The recipe makes about one cup of hot blueberry sauce. Store it in a jar or any sealed container. It will keep stored in the refrigerator for about one week.
To use, just warm up in the microwave if you want to serve it hot. This sauce can absolutely be served cold too!
How to use Hot Blueberry Sauce:
- Use it as a topping for ice cream.
- Spoon it over pound cake.
- Stir it (cold) into yogurt.
- Spoon it over cheesecake.
- Drizzle it over waffles, pancakes or French toast.
- Add a spoonful to your peach cobbler.
- Stir a spoonful into vanilla pudding.
My personal favorite is to serve it over ice cream (warm). I love how it slowly melts the ice cream and makes the ice cream soft and easy to eat. The blueberry sauce adds some great flavor to vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
Favorite Dessert Sauce Recipes:
- Hot Butterscotch Sauce
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Bourbon Praline Pecan Sauce
- Balsamic Strawberry Sauce
- Hot Fudge
Hot Blueberry Sauce
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Wash and drain the blueberries.
- In medium saucepan, mix berries with other ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring every few minutes.