Hurricane Punch is a party punch version of the classic popular Hurricane cocktail made famous in the New Orleans French Quarter.
Since the my Hurricane Cocktail recipe has been so popular over the years, I felt it was high time I made a punch version of the Hurricane. Usually there are at least a few people who want to enjoy this cocktail when they’re being made, so making a whole pitcher of Hurricane Punch is a much easier option than making the cocktails one by one. This recipe makes 10 cups of punch.
- passionfruit juice
- pineapple juice
- orange juice
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- light rum
- dark rum
- orange slices
- maraschino cherries
How to make Hurricane Punch:
What makes a hurricane so darn good is all of the juices that are combined to make such a great tasting punch. Passionfruit juice is a must. You can find it at any regular market. There are 3 cups of passionfruit juice, 2 cups of pineapple juice and 1 cup of orange juice in this punch. 3/4 cup of grenadine and 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice are added in too.
And finally 1 1/2 cups light rum and 1 1/2 cups dark rum are added in to complete this fabulous and gorgeous Hurricane Punch.
Pour it into ice-filled glasses. Make ahead tip: you can make this punch ahead of time! Just combine all of the ingredients in a pitcher and refrigerate until ready to serve. Then it will be nice and chilled and ready to go!
Garnish Hurricane Punch with a slice of orange and a maraschino cherry.
Since Hurricanes originated in New Orleans, it would be appropriate to serve these with some Jambalaya, Red Beans and Rice, King Cake or Beignets. This is a cocktail that’s a bit strong and can get you a little tipsy pretty quickly if you aren’t paying attention. So eat some food with your punch!! Enjoy!
- 3 cups passionfruit juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¾ cup grenadine
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1½ cups light rum
- 1½ cups dark rum
- ice, for serving
- orange slices and maraschino cherries, for garnish
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, stir together all ingredients except the ice. Refrigerate until ready serve.
- Serve the punch chilled over ice, garnished with orange slices and maraschino cherries.
- You can cover the pitcher and store this in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Don’t add the ice until you want to serve it so it doesn’t get watered down.