This Iced Vanilla Latte is an easy-to-make coffee shop drink with espresso served over ice, added vanilla syrup and half and half cream.
Knowing how to make iced coffee at home is a must-have luxury, so you definitely should know how to make an Iced Vanilla Latte too. Think about all the money you’re saving by making your own pumpkin spice latte, cold brew coffee or chai tea latte. The coffee shops are great for convenience sometimes, but it’s also incredibly nice to learn how to make coffee drinks yourself so you can enjoy them at home as much as you want.
Ingredients needed for Iced Vanilla Latte:
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- ice cubes
- hot espresso (or coffee)
- half and half cream
How to make Vanilla Syrup for coffee:
It’s super easy to make your own homemade vanilla syrup for coffee. Add 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a saucepan. Heat to boiling, stir until sugar dissolves. Let the sugar syrup cool completely. Then add 1 tablespoon vanilla extract to the cooled sugar syrup to create vanilla syrup. This can be used to make a regular (hot) vanilla latte too. This recipe for vanilla syrup will allow you to make about 10 beverages. Just store it in the refrigerator, and it will keep for up to one month.
How to make an Iced Vanilla Latte:
Add ice to a tall glass. Pour 2 shots of hot espresso over the ice cubes. The ice cubes will melt a little bit. That’s okay! You want the strong espresso to get diluted slightly.
Can you make espresso in a Keurig?
Yes! You don’t have to have an espresso maker to brew espresso. If you have a coffee maker that uses K-cups or pods (like a Keurig), you can use espresso pods instead of coffee pods. We happen to have the Keurig Coffee, Latte and Cappuccino Maker at my house, and we love it. And in a pinch, you can just brew some coffee and make this recipe with coffee instead of espresso.
Add a couple of tablespoons of the vanilla syrup to the espresso.
And the final step of making an Iced Vanilla Latte is to add 1/4 cup of half and half cream to the glass. This is the fun part because you get to see the swirling that happens in the coffee as you pour it in.
Stir it all together.
Iced Vanilla Latte
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 shots (1/3 cup) hot espresso
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- ¼ cup half and half
MAKE THE VANILLA SYRUP:
- In a medium saucepan, add the sugar and water. Heat over medium-heat, whisking occasionally, as it is brought to a boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Stir in vanilla extract. Store in a covered container, and keep refrigerated. You will be able to make about 10 vanilla lattes with this recipe for vanilla syrup.
MAKE THE ICED LATTE:
- Add ice cubes to a tall glass.
- Pour the hot espresso and vanilla syrup on top of the ice and stir. The ice will melt a bit, which is what you want to happen to help dilute the espresso.
- Pour in the half and half. Stir, and serve.