This In Your Face Banana Bread recipe has a LOT of banana in it to keep it perfect.
If you’re looking for a moist, dense banana bread that is full of banana flavor, this is it. Our whole family really enjoys this recipe.
What makes this In Your Face Banana Bread a good banana bread recipe?
This banana bread has more bananas in it than any typical banana bread recipe. It calls for 2 1/3 cups of mashed ripe banana. That’s about 5 bananas for one loaf of bread! That means this bread is extra moist and tender because of all of that added banana.
How to speed up the ripening of bananas:
From TheSpruceEats.com: To speed the ripening process, put the bananas in a paper bag and loosely fold down the top. Add an apple or a couple of already very ripe bananas to the bag to increase the amount of ethylene gas circulating around the green fruit. The bananas should ripen in just a day or two using this method.
The best way to store banana bread:
First of all, if you can manage to wait… this In Your Face Banana Bread (as with most banana breads) is better when eaten the next day. I know it’s hard to wait to slice into it, but it’s just better tasting if it has a chance to sit overnight. After that, banana bread will last one to two days when stored at room temperature. It will last longer in the fridge- about one week.
If you want to make a loaf and freeze it, that’s okay too. Wrap the loaf in foil, and then slip the foil-wrapped loaf into a large freezer zip baggie. You can freeze banana bread for 2 to 3 months.
Plan ahead and grab a bunch of bananas on your next visit to the store. Then let them sit for several days, until the bananas are browned and ripened. You’ll have the perfect bananas to make this banana bread. Enjoy!
Here are a few more banana bread recipes you might like to try:
- Best Banana Bread
- Red Velvet Banana Bread
- Strawberry Oatmeal Banana Bread
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
- Cinnamon Chip Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread
- Coconut Banana Bread
- Kona Inn Banana Bread
In Your Face Banana Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2⅓ cups mashed ripe banana (about 5 bananas)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter and brown sugar. Mix in the eggs and then the mashed bananas and vanilla until well blended.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- This is a banana bread recipe that is full of banana flavor. Don't skimp on the bananas though- you really do need 2⅓ cups or it won't be any more special than an average banana bread.
- You can add a little cinnamon if you'd like.
- This bread tastes best the next day.