This Best Banana Bread is truly the most delicious banana bread recipe!
Sure, there are a lot of good banana bread recipes out there, and everyone claims they bake the best banana bread. I’m here to tell you that this recipe is the best. I do have a lot of easy banana bread recipes on this website, but this recipe is easy and delicious.
Grab those ripe bananas that have been sitting on your counter, and go bake this banana bread!
I don’t know about you, but when I make a loaf of banana bread, it does not last a day in my house. That banana bread will be gone by dinner. And my hungry teenager probably will have eaten about half of it!
What are the tricks for making a good banana bread?
Ripe bananas! Ripe bananas will have a much sweeter flavor than the fresher variety. You want to use some good, ripe bananas for the best flavor.
Dairy! Dairy helps give banana bread a nice, moist texture. This recipe uses milk.
Dark Brown Sugar! Many banana bread recipes call for using only white sugar, but using brown sugar gives banana bread a richer flavor. This recipe uses a combination of both white and brown sugars.
Is there any way to ripen bananas if your bananas aren’t quite there yet?
Fortunately, the answer to that question is, “yes!” It’s ideal if you have bananas that are soft and covered with brown freckles. If your bananas are not ripe, bake unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet in a 250°F oven until soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool, peel, and start baking.
We are lucky that this recipe makes two loaves of the best banana bread! Eat one loaf now, and freeze one loaf to eat later.
Can you freeze banana bread?
Yes! Banana bread freezes nicely. Wrap your extra banana bread loaf in plastic wrap several times tightly to lock in freshness and hold the shape. Slip the wrapped banana bread into a large freezer zip baggie to protect it a bit more. The bread will stay fresh for 2 to 4 months in the freezer.
If you’d like to freeze individual slices, that’s okay too. Just wrap each individual slice with plastic wrap and place the wrapped slices in a large freezer zip baggie. Take out slices, as desired, to thaw and enjoy. This is especially nice to do when you’re sending slices off with someone in the morning for breakfast or when adding slices to lunch boxes.
If you’re looking for more banana bread recipes, you might like to try some of these:
- Marbled Chocolate Banana Bread
- Pineapple Banana Bread
- Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Healthy Banana Bread
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Classic Banana Bread
- Sour Cream Banana Bread
Best Banana Bread
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the sugar and butter. Beat eggs slightly, and mix into the creamed mixture with the bananas. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just combined. Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Spread the batter into the prepared loaf pans, and bake for 75 minutes.