These Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies are super easy to make. They are loaded with chocolate chips and have a wonderful soft texture.
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies. And I’m pretty sure most people would be pretty excited to have Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies in their hands!
This recipe turns out 6 jumbo chocolate chip cookies that are soft and chewy. You can also bake them and freeze leftovers to enjoy later, especially when those midnight cravings hit.
Here are some notes about this recipe:
- You must use cake flour in this recipe. If you don’t have it, mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch with the all-purpose flour and use that.
- You can double the recipe to make a bigger batch. You can also use the same recipe to make regular sized cookies.
- All ingredients should be at room temperature so that they combine together smoothly.
- If the cookie dough is too soft and hard to handle, chill the dough for about an hour and that will make it easier to roll into balls. It also prevents cookies from spreading too much.
- You can toss in other add-ins in this recipe too like chopped-up candy bars, pretzels, or mini marshmallows. Get as creative as you like.
I like to make these jumbo chocolate chip cookies every chance I get. They are also one of my kiddo’s favorite cookies. I mean, look at the size of them… they are as big as my hands! How cool is that?!
I’ve included an expert chocolate chip cookie baking secret in this recipe. When the cookies come out of the oven, dot them with a few more chocolate chips while they’re still warm. The chips will melt into the freshly baked cookies, and they’ll be totally loaded with chocolate chips!
I am crazy about cookies and if you enjoy them as much as me, you need to make these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies or these classic no bake cookies. They are both amazing! Secret Recipe Chocolate Chip Cookies and New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies are favorites too.
Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspooon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter, brown sugar granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Gradually, add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out decent portions of the dough and roll them into balls. The recipe makes 6 jumbo cookies, so divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Place the balls of dough on the prepared baking sheets, leaving lots of room between the cookies to allow for spreading while baking.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown along the edges.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and before the cookies cool down, push some more chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- Let the cookies cool down completely and then remove them from the baking sheets.
- If the dough is too soft, cover and chill for a while so it's easier to handle.
- Leftovers can be stored in a cookie jar at room temperature or the fridge for up to 3 day.