Here’s a good one to make in your ice cream maker this summer: Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
We love the tart flavor of this ‘pie’ ice cream. If you’re a fan of a classic key lime pie, you’ll really love this ice cream.
The graham cracker crumbs really turn it into a pie-like ice cream flavor. Get out that ice cream maker and make some pie ice cream!
My ice cream maker of choice is the Cuisinart 1 1/2-quart Frozen Yogurt/Ice Cream maker. It works great, and I use it all summer long!
Thanks to Serene from the HouseOfYumm blog for these beautiful photos. Serene is one of the photographers for RecipeGirl.com, and she captured the deliciousness of this ice cream perfectly!
Key Lime Pie Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup bottled key lime juice (such as Nellie & Joe's)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- dash of salt
- 14 ounce can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 6 squares graham crackers (3 rectangles), coarsely crushed & divided
- key lime wedges, for garnish, optional
- Combine the first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Refrigerate until well chilled (at least 8 hours, or overnight).
- Pour the mixture into the freezer can of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Stir 1/3 cup of graham cracker crumbs into the finished ice cream. Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon graham crackers. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Here are a few more key lime recipes you might enjoy:
- Key Lime Pie by Recipe Girl
- Key Lime Fudge by Recipe Girl
- Key Lime Pie Popsicles by Spoonful of Flavor
Disclosure: There is an Amazon affiliate link for the ice cream maker included in this post.