Here’s a healthy, summery snack to try: Kiwi Strawberry Smoothie
I must say… it’s been a smoothie-kind-of-summer. That means hot and humid days that call for some sort of major relief in the form of ingesting cold things. Ice cream is good for that. But since ice cream isn’t all that awesome for bathing suit season, smoothies are the next best option!
These smoothies are flavored with strawberries and kiwi… and I used unsweetened almond milk + nonfat Greek yogurt for a maximum healthy vibe.
This recipe comes from a new cookbook by Deborah Harroun (of the Taste and Tell blog): Best 100 Smoothies for Kids. We have been loving this cookbook in our house this summer! In the book, Harroun shares smoothies for breakfast, lunch, snacktime, dessert and bedtime.
Here are some of the delicious recipes you’ll find in the book: Strawberry- Banana Oatmeal Smoothies, Honeydew Cantaloupe Smoothies, Avocado- Vanilla Smoothies, Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothies, Creamsicle Smoothies, Red Velvet Cake Smoothies and Peach Melba Smoothies. All smoothies are no-sugar added and use natural sweeteners instead.
My 14-year old son… who has proclaimed many times that he detests both Greek yogurt AND almond milk… absolutely loved these smoothies. It was fun telling him after-the-fact that the recipe contained these horrible ingredients 🙂
So if you’re in sweltering weather… and your family is craving chilly treats… this is a good one to share. Enjoy!
Yield: Four 8-ounce smoothies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Kiwi Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- Pour the milk into the blender. Add all of the other ingredients. Blend until smooth. That's it!
- Nutritional Information: calories: 91, fat 1.2g, sat fat 0g, cholesterol 1.3mg, sodium 78mg, carbohydrates 18.2g, fiber 32.g, sugars 8.8g, protein 4g
- Weight Watchers Points: Freestyle SmartPoints: 1, Points Plus Program: 2 Old Points Program: 1
Here are a few more smoothie recipes you might enjoy:
- Snickerdoodle Smoothies by RecipeBoy
- Tropical Green Smoothie by RecipeGirl
- Blueberry Smoothie by She Wears Many Hats
- Red, White and Blue Smoothies by Very Culinary
- Coconut, Vanilla and Almond Butter Smoothie by Housewife in Training
Disclosure: There are Amazon affiliate links included within this post.