What’s the best way to wake up in the morning? Drink a green smoothie! This Tropical Green Smoothie is a delicious way to start the day.
Tropical Green Smoothie
If you love the flavors of pineapple, coconut and mango, then you’ve come to the right place. This Tropical Green Smoothie is your classic green smoothie recipe made with coconut water and fresh spinach. Frozen pineapple and mango are blended in along with a little bit of unsweetened coconut flakes. Chia seeds round out this smoothie and make it fabulous.
It’s confession time here. Up until about 12 weeks ago, I usually started my day with sugar cereal- Lucky Charms and Captain Crunch being my guilty pleasures. It seems so easy to just buy the stuff, pour it into a bowl with some milk and be done with breakfast.
I have to admit, I had always enjoyed that sort of breakfast- even though I fully realized that it wasn’t good for me. So occasionally, I’d grab a Greek yogurt with almonds and berries. But most days I woefully admit to eating that not-so-great-for-you cereal.
I came across a website called, Simple Green Smoothies. The website challenges you to drink one green smoothie per day for 30 days. I did just that. I began drinking some sort of green smoothie every single morning to replace the sugary cereal I was eating. The Tropical Green Smoothie I’m sharing today is one of my favorites.
Why on earth would you want to eat a green smoothie every day? Because you’re able to pack a good punch of nutrients into one breakfast drink, that’s why! My body is happy to be eating things like spinach, kale, cucumber, avocado, mint, chia seeds, hemp hearts, and plenty of fruit for breakfast by drinking a drink that is totally delicious and filling! Yes, it’s filling.
I usually drink my smoothie early in the morning, then do my workout, then eat a Greek yogurt with almonds later in the morning. It has become a habit now. It’s something that works for me, and I love it. And guess what??? I don’t miss eating cereal for breakfast, and I feel so much better throughout the rest of the day!
What do you think? Have I convinced you to try a green smoothie for breakfast? Check out this post >> 14 Best Green Smoothie Recipes. Maybe you can start a 14-day green smoothie challenge for yourself and see how it goes! Start with this Tropical Green Smoothie!
NOTE: A good blender is key to making a quality green smoothie taste good because you really want to be able to puree the greens. I use a Blendtec Blender, but any powerful blender should work just fine.
If you’re looking for more healthy ways to start your morning, you might also like to try my Greek Yogurt Pancakes or these Egg Muffins. Southwest Avocado Toast, Blender Banana-Oatmeal Pancakes and Very Vegetable Frittata are also healthier breakfast options.
Tropical Green Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 (packed) cup fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen mango chunks
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Put coconut water and spinach in a powerful blender and process until totally smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth again.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Weight Watchers POINTS: Freestyle SmartPoints 4 (2 if you use plain water instead of coconut water), SmartPoints: 6, Points Plus: 8, Old Points Program: 7
- If you are using fresh fruit, put either the mango or the pineapple into a zip baggie to freeze before making this. You want at least some of the fruit to be frozen to result in a thicker consistency. If consistency is too thick, just add a little bit more coconut water.