This is a very simple grilled cheese recipe that you don’t really need a recipe for, but since my little one proclaimed this Marbled Jack and Ham Grilled Cheese sandwich The Ultimate Grilled Cheese, I simply had to include it.
Marbled Jack and Ham Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices soft wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 slices Marbled Jack cheese
- 1 slice ham, thick cut (or two slices if thinly cut)
- Butter both slices of bread. Place one slice butter-side-down in a medium-heated skillet. Layer cheese, ham slices and more cheese. Top with 2nd slice of bread, butter-side-up.
- Heat sandwich until golden brown, then flip and do the same on the other side
- The cheese will melt more quickly if you place a lid on your skillet.