This salad of Mixed Greens and Goat Cheese with Raspberry Vinaigrette is the perfect combination of flavors. Toasted pine nuts, fresh raspberries creamy goat cheese and a sweet dressing are so delicious!
Plain old salads get so boring! This salad is anything but boring. Look how pretty the fresh raspberries are on this salad. They really brighten it up, and they add amazing flavor too!
- olive oil
- raspberry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- mixed baby greens
- pine nuts
- crumbled goat cheese
How to make Goat Cheese Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Try serving these Mixed Greens and Goat Cheese with Raspberry Vinaigrette for your next dinner side salad. Everyone will be so pleasantly surprised to try something new!
What kind of greens can you use for this salad:
If you’re not into mixed greens with arugula and watercress, you can substitute your favorite greens for this salad. Chopped red or green leaf lettuce would be amazing used in this salad. You could even make it with fresh spinach.
How to toast pine nuts:
To quickly toast the pine nuts, just put them in a small fry pan over medium heat. Watch them closely, and use a wooden spoon to move them around until they are lightly toasted. Be careful- they’ll burn if you don’t tend to them! Pour them onto a paper towel to cool before adding them to your salad. I like to buy pine nuts at Costco. They’re less expensive there, and you can keep the big bag in the freezer and use them as needed.
If you’re looking for more great salad recipes, you might also enjoy my Simple Greek Salad and this Five Minute Salad. BLT Chopped Salad, Pizza Pasta Salad, and Kale Power Salad are excellent salads too!
If you happen to be following the Weight Watchers WW plan, you’ll find a link to the WW Points on the recipe card below.
Mixed Greens and Goat Cheese with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- 1 cup raspberries, divided
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or white white vinegar
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 5 ounce bag mixed baby greens with arugula
- 2 cups small watercress sprigs
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- Puree ½ cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, shallot, and honey in a blender jar. Season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the remaining ½ cup raspberries, greens, watercress, and pine nuts in a large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Divide the salad among plates. Sprinkle with goat cheese. Serve, passing any remaining dressing separately.