These Orange Basil Mojitos were inspired by a Las Vegas poolside vacation. Classic mojitos usually incorporate mint and lime juice. For these Orange Basil Mojitos, I subbed basil for mint and fresh orange juice for lime. They’re fantastic!
Use your muddling tool to smash the heck out of the basil with the orange juice & sugar. (Don’t have a muddler? Not to worry… just use a wooden spoon.) Then you simply add a bit of rum and club soda to finish it off. Top with an orange slice and you’re ready for a toast!
Yield: 6 (4 ounce) servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Orange Basil Mojitos
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil leaves (picked and stems removed)
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup white rum
- 1 cup club soda
- In the bottom of a medium pitcher, using a wooden spoon or a muddler- crush the basil leaves, sugar and orange juice together. Stir in rum and club soda.
- Serve immediately in individual glasses over crushed ice. Garnish with orange slices.