Tyler Florence Oysters Rockefeller
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs, Panko preferred
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ cup Pernod (can substitute white wine)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash red pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 dozen oysters, on the half shell
- rock salt
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Tabasco sauce, for serving
- In a medium skillet, melt butter. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Place the bread crumbs in a mixing bowl and add half the garlic butter, set aside.
- To the remaining garlic butter in the skillet, add shallots and spinach, cook for 3 minutes until the spinach wilts. De-glaze the pan with Pernod or white wine. Season with salt and pepper, add a dash of red pepper sauce. Allow the mixture to cook down for a few minutes.
- Finish off the bread crumbs by mixing in olive oil, Parmesan and parsley, & season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon of the spinach mixture on each oyster followed by a spoonful of the bread crumb mixture. Sprinkle a baking pan amply with rock salt. Arrange the oysters in the salt to steady them. Bake in a preheated 450 degree F. oven for 10 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve with lemon wedges and Tabasco sauce.