Sip on this refreshing Paloma Cocktail! It’s so easy to make with grapefruit juice, tequila, and a splash of soda!
When the days get longer, and the weather is sunny and warm, there’s nothing I look forward to more than having a drink on the patio on a Friday night.
We put music on our outdoor speaker, the kids run around and play in the grass, and my husband and I just bask in the sunshine and relax with a nice cocktail.
Margaritas are always a favorite, but lately we’ve really been loving the Paloma cocktail!
How do you make a Paloma Cocktail?
Paloma cocktails are so easy to make. All you really need is grapefruit juice, a little sugar, tequila, and a splash of bubbly water.
I like to use a ruby-red grapefruit juice because it’s sweeter. And silver tequila is really nice and smooth!
Traditionally, Palomas are served with a salted rim. To salt the rim of your glass, just run a wedge of lime around the edge and then dip it in salt. The salt will stick to the lime juice and provide a nice savory contrast to the citrus-y drink.
Next just stir your grapefruit juice, sugar, and tequila together, pour it into the glasses, and top with club soda.
And that is really all there is to it!
But if you want to be extra fancy, try garnishing your cocktails with a sprig of fresh mint. The bright green looks so nice against the pink grapefruit juice, and the aromas are amazing too! Every time you lift your glass to take a sip, you’ll enjoy the refreshing, herbal fragrance.
Mix up a few of these summery Paloma cocktails for warm summer evenings!
Here are a few more recipes using grapefruit that you might enjoy:
- Grapefruit Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette by Recipe Girl
- Grapefruit Jalapeno Chicken by Lively Table
- Grapefruit Mimosa Cupcakes by Baking a Moment
- Grapefruit Crush by Recipe Girl
- 1 wedge lime
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Ruby Red grapefruit juice
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- Run the cut side of a lime wedge around the rims of two glasses.
- Place the salt in a shallow dish and dip the rims of glasses in to coat.
- Stir the grapefruit juice, sugar, and tequila together.
- Pour into the prepared glasses, and top with club soda.
- Garnish with mint.