This is a fun, fancy recipe: Pasta Shells with Portobello Mushrooms and Boursin Sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Pasta Shells with Portobello Mushrooms and Boursin Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, stems removed, caps halved, then cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups canned low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 5.25-ounces boursin cheese
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/4 pound medium-sized pasta shells
- In a large skillet, melt butter with oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and salt and cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are tender and well-browned (8 minutes). Add broth and cheese and bring to simmer while stirring.
- Snap tough ends from asparagus and cut spears into 1/2-inch pieces. In a large boiling pot of salted water, cook pasta until almost done (6 minutes). Add asparagus and cook until pasta is done (an additional 4 minutes).
- Drain pasta and asparagus. Toss with mushrooms and sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- 11 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving (pasta divided into 4 equal servings)