This Pear, Goat Cheese, Beet and Walnut Green Salad is full of loads of flavor, and it’s tossed in a simple honey- balsamic vinaigrette.
Pear, Goat Cheese, Beet and Walnut Green Salad
This salad will quickly become a favorite, especially for beet lovers!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1½ ounces (about 5 slices) thinly sliced pancetta, chopped
- 2 medium cooked beets, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 large Anjou pear, cored and sliced
- 3 ounces goat cheese, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended; set aside.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to boil; add pancetta and boil 2 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring constantly until crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine beets and 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with the remaining dressing; divide among 6 salad plates. Top each salad with pancetta, pear, cheese, walnuts, and beets.
- If you are preparing this salad as GLUTEN-FREE, just be sure to use brands of Dijon and pancetta that are known to be GF.
Serving: 1serving, Calories: 245kcal, Carbohydrates: 16g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 11mg, Sodium: 260mg, Potassium: 369mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 10g, Vitamin A: 785IU, Vitamin C: 17mg, Calcium: 48mg, Iron: 1mg