These Peppermint Brownies are a delicious minty treat (good for mint-lovers like my husband!)
Here we have a very fudgy brownie with a layer of Peppermint Patties hidden inside. I personally like to cut these into chunks and keep them in the freezer until I’m ready to eat one. There’s something about minty things being COLD that make them so much better. On that note, I might as well admit that I freeze pretty much all of my desserts. Frozen candy bars are the best (especially Milky Way). And for some reason, desserts stored in the freezer always seem slightly safer than those that are sitting on the counter staring at me.
A short list of ingredients is needed for this recipe. This is it!
Once the batter is mixed together, half of it is spread into a pan (I didn’t use an 8×8-inch pan, but it’s best to do so. Oh, and it’s also best to line the pan with foil or parchment. So basically don’t do what I did above- OOPS!) Peppermint Patties are layered on top of that first layer of batter. Then the rest of the batter is smoothed on top.
That’s it. When they’re all nice and cool, cut them into slices. And if you’re into that frozen thing, place each slice in a zip baggie and toss it in the freezer for sometime when you get the munchies.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all- enjoy, be happy and stay safe. XOXO
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, chopped finely
- 1⅓ cups granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup Gold Medal® All-Purpose Flour
- 10 to 15 small (.06 ounce) peppermint patties
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring often. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar and remaining ingredients (except peppermint patties).
- Pour half of the batter into the lined baking dish. Then lay the peppermint patties over top of the batter. Top with the remaining batter. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely, lift the foil out of the pan and onto a cutting board, then slice and serve. Store in a covered container.
- Peppermint Patties are a candy found in the USA. They're a soft peppermint candy dipped in chocolate. Something similar may be used.
peppermint patties are my favorite! what a great filling for brownies
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Lori! I love going shopping for half-off Christmas candy to stuff into brownies. I did a variation of this last year with a bag of peppermint patties and also brownies stuffed with cookies and cream bars. Good stuff!
Lori you and I are on the SAME page 🙂 I just made a batch of these yesterday for a Girls Night and then I was going through my reader today and here I see you baking up the same thing- we are twinsies 🙂 Merry Christmas! xoxo
I’ve been reading Recipe Girl for months but this is my first comment..because today I posted the exact same thing (Mint Patty Filled Brownies) on my site as well…lol! Merry Christmas and thank you for posting such yummy recipes- but my favorite posts are the ‘Stuff I Gotta Share..’ I especially love your book recommendations!
That’s so funny! Thank you so much for reading- I’m glad you enjoy those posts 🙂
These are just too good looking!! Wow and yum!
Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas, Lori!
The first time I ever read a recipe for peppermint patties in brownies was the recipe by our First Lady of Desserts, Maida Heatter, regarding her Palm Beach Brownies. (She even called them ‘sexy’ when sliced! Ha! Love her and her cookbooks.) I agree…there’s something about keeping treats in the freezer. Our favorite candy bar in the freezer is Kit-Kats. Love the way they snap! Thanks for another great holiday recipe, Lori. Best wishes to you and yours for a meaningful and joyous Christmas holiday! xo
Gorgeous! I could easily stuff my face with these!
Chocolate and mint is absolutely required this time of year! Loving these brownies, Lori!
These look PERFECT! What a treat!
That layer of peppermint patties is a beautiful thing.
Oh my goodness…peppermint patties INSIDE a brownie? I just died. Those are some of my favorite things all wrapped into one delicious bite. These look to die for!
Have enjoyed your food blog Lori. Thank you for the wonderful recipes and giveaways! Merry Christmas to you and your family!