Peppermint Crescents are a simple crescent-shaped holiday cookie reminiscent of shortbread and flavored with peppermint.
These will be a crisp, buttery cookie. I love them because they’re not your typical cookie recipe. And you will only need 5 simple ingredients to make these cookies! The shapes make them unique, and they’re a pretty addition to a cookie platter. If you are not into peppermint, you can add almond extract to these and turn them into almond crescents instead!
- salted butter
- powdered sugar
- peppermint extract
- all purpose flour
How to make Peppermint Crescents:
The complete, printable recipe is at the bottom of this post.
They should look just like this!
Holiday Cookie Pro Tip:
If you want these to look super festive, combine the powdered sugar with some red and/or green sanding sugar. When you roll them, they’ll look super festive for holiday cookie platters!
Let your peppermint crescents cool completely on wire racks.
Store these in an airtight container for up to a week. They can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to three months.
The Best Holiday Cookie Recipes:
- Butter Dream Cookies
- Holly Cookies
- Chocolate Turtle Cookies
- Candy Cane Cookies
- Jelly Twinkles
- Grinch Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, for rolling
- In a large bowl, beat the butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add powdered sugar, peppermint extract, and salt; beat well. Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Divide dough into thirds; cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. and lightly grease baking sheets.
- Working with 1 portion of dough at a time, divide each portion into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a 2-inch log; curve ends of each log to form a crescent. Place crescents 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on baking sheets. Carefully roll warm cookies in 1 cup powdered sugar, and then cool completely on wire racks. Store cookies in an airtight container.
- Add red or green sprinkles to the rolling sugar to make these look for holiday festive.