These Pesto Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms are a delicious little finger food appetizer. This post has been featured in a menu on the site- Italian Dinner Party.
Pesto Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:5 minutes
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in oil, drained and chopped finely
- 1/4 cup herbed cream cheese (or Boursin)
- 12 whole mushroom caps, cleaned & stemmed
- Provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- chopped green onion (green part), for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the pesto, sun-dried tomatoes and herbed cream cheese. Fill mushroom caps with a large spoonful of the cheese mixture. Top with small slices of provolone cheese and a green onion garnish. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet.
- When ready to serve, bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until mushrooms are slightly tender and the cheese is nice and melted. Serve warm!