These Pink Strawberry Cupcakes are a sweet and pretty strawberry cupcakes recipe. Utilizing fresh or frozen strawberries, this is a delicious strawberry cupcake recipe made from scratch. Watch the video showing you how to make this recipe, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe so you can make them at home.
How to Make Strawberry Cupcakes with Fresh Strawberries:
If you want to make strawberry cupcakes, you can certainly find a box of strawberry cake mix at the store and go with that. But the flavor of the boxed mix isn’t going to bring forth the delicious flavor of fresh strawberries. So how do you use fresh strawberries to make cupcakes? In this recipe, you’ll be using frozen strawberries that you will puree. If you have fresh strawberries on hand, you can pop them in the freezer until frozen and then puree them.
Cake flour is used in this cupcake recipe to give it a nice, cakey texture.
Fair warning: don’t taste the cupcake batter. It tastes like strawberry ice cream, and you may be tempted to grab a straw!!
These cupcakes turn out to be a lovely shade of light pink, but I help that process along with a squirt of pink/red gel paste. You can leave the coloring out and the cakes will be slightly pink, but they’re much cuter with a darker tint.
Pink Strawberry Cupcakes are a darling little dessert to serve at little girl’s birthday parties, baby showers and spring and summer celebrations. Everyone loves a good cupcake. And this is a good cupcake!
I frost these with my Wedding Cupcake Buttercream recipe- I highly recommend you try it! Just tint it with a little bit of red gel paste to get a nice pink hue.
Thank you to Miranda from the CookieDoughAndOvenMitt.com blog for shooting beautiful photos of these cupcakes for me!
Here are a few more cupcake recipes you might enjoy:
- Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
- White Wedding Cake Cupcakes
- Moist Vanilla Cupcakes
- Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
- Pink Champagne Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
- Pink Velvet Cupcakes
Pink Strawberry Cupcakes
Pretty pink cupcakes for special occasions!
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup pureed frozen strawberries (about 1/4 of a 1 pound bag)
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/3 cup milk
- several drops red/pink food color or gel paste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 18 cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer to blend the butter with the strawberry puree. Add the flour mixture and blend until light and fluffy (the batter will be very thick).
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg whites, milk and dye. Add whites in three parts to the batter mixture, mixing only until incorporated after each addition.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- *Use fresh strawberries if you wish, but put them in the freezer first to draw the moisture out of them, and then puree them as you would bagged frozen strawberries.
- *I use Wedding Cupcake Buttercream tinted with pink gel paste to ice these cupcakes.