Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread is another good snack bread to bake.
When fall rolls around, you want to bake pumpkin everything! At least that’s me. The nip in the air and the fall decor that begins popping up in the stores and markets make me feel warmly about fall. And I just want to bake.
This Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread is a good pumpkin recipe to start with. Admittedly, it’s not as good as my very favorite Best Pumpkin Bread recipe. That recipe is one that I have always been madly in love with. But this one is a good one too.
This Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread recipe makes two loaves. I love recipes that make two loaves because if you’re putting in the effort to make it… you might as well get double the results!
Eat one loaf now, and put the other loaf in the freezer to eat later. Just wrap it in foil (no need to wrap in plastic wrap first), label it, and store it in the freezer. It’s also nice to be able to grab the loaf as a hostess gift if you need one at the last minute.
When sliced, Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread is very moist inside. With all of that mashed ripe banana and pumpkin puree, how could it not be a moist bread?!
This bread recipe is a good way to turn plain old banana bread into a fall pumpkin bread recipe. FYI: I usually leave out the nuts (which is why you don’t see them in the photos) since my family isn’t a great fan of nuts.
Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread
Let me know if you try it!
If you are looking for more fall recipes using pumpkin, you might also enjoy my Pumpkin Cornbread or this Pumpkin and Ginger Pound Cake. Pumpkin- Caramel Cheesecake Bars, Pumpkin Dinner Rolls and Pumpkin- Chocolate Chip Squares are also rockstar pumpkin recipes!
Pumpkin Banana Nut Bread
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, sugars, bananas and vegetable oil. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in the flour mixture just until the mixture is wet (do not over mix); stir in the nuts (if using). Spoon into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- NOTE: the optional nuts are not included in the nutritional information.