Pumpkin- Cream Cheese Swirl Bread
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 60 min
1 cup canned pure (unsweetened) pumpkin puree
1 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 large egg whites, divided
1/2 cup fat-free milk
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
CREAM CHEESE SWIRL:
1 (8-ounce) package low fat cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
1 large egg white
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom only of a 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
2. Prepare the bread: Whisk together pumpkin, sugars, 3 of the egg whites, milk and oil in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, spice and salt. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir just until moistened.
4. In a medium bowl, beat swirl ingredients with an electric mixer until well blended.
5. Spoon half of the pumpkin batter into prepared pan; spoon swirl mixture evenly over the batter. Cover with remaining pumpkin batter. Use knife to gently drag through the batter and swirl it around, being careful not to touch the bottom or sides.
6. Bake 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Run knife or thin spatula around edges of pan to loosen bread; cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan to wire rack; cool completely.
Source: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted from Kraft Foods )