This Whole Wheat Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread is made a bit healthier with additions of whole wheat flour and olive oil.
Whole Wheat Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and spices into a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and water. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix just until combined (don't over mix).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes, then remove the loaf to a rack to cool completely.