Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Muffins
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 18 muffin tin cups with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (through the pumpkin pie spice).
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin, applesauce, oil and vanilla until well blended. Stir in dry ingredients and mix only until combined (do not over mix). Gently fold in cinnamon chips.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Scoop the batter into muffin pans, and sprinkle tops with the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Turn onto rack and cool.