This Red Pepper Confetti Asparagus is a simple, delicious recipe with a pretty presentation.
These asparagus are wrapped in a snugly foil packet and baked in the oven. The flavor is complete with plenty of dill and lemon. Red pepper strips added to the packet are a big-time bonus. Enjoy!
- red bell pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- fresh dill
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make Red Pepper Confetti Asparagus:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
Red Pepper Confetti Asparagus
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break off the tough ends of your asparagus stalks. Place them on a piece of aluminum foil large enough to hold it all in a single layer AND to fold over and seal. Place the foil and contents into a rectangular casserole dish. Lay the sliced bell pepper over the asparagus. Sprinkle the asparagus and bell pepper with olive oil, lemon juice, and dill. Season with pepper. Wrap the foil around the asparagus (snugly but not tightly), and seal tightly by folding the edges together.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Serve immediately.