These Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Brown Butter are a delicious side dish recipe.
How do you usually cook your asparagus. My plan: steam them and serve them with mayonnaise. That’s how my mother always made asparagus in our house. So that’s the way I’ve eaten them for years and years!
I do like to do things a little differently now and then. I’m always happy to try new things.
This recipe involves simply roasting the asparagus. They taste wonderful roasted. And I think they’d even be good served with mayonnaise this way too.
But this recipe is served with a simple sauce instead of mayonnaise. It’s delicious!
The sauce drizzled on top is a mix of browned butter (very easy to quickly do in a pan), soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. I love it!
Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
- 40 whole asparagus spears
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat; cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and vinegar. Drizzle over the asparagus, tossing well to coat. Serve immediately.
- If preparing this recipe as gluten free, just be sure to use a brand of soy sauce that is designated as GF.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 5 asparagus) Calories: 38, Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sugar: 0g, Fiber: 1.25g, Protein: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 7.5mg, Carbohydrates: 2.5g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per 5 asparagus: Freestyle SmartPoints: 1, Points Plus Program: 1, Old Points Program: 1.5