Here’s a recipe for Roasted Green Beans with Lemon, Pine Nuts and Parmigiano. It’s a recipe for green beans that you must try!
This is a terrific side dish to meats. Roasting the green beans with the lemon brings out a wonderful flavor. If you’re always looking for something a little different to make for a side dish, then this is it!
I buy green beans at the store quite often, but I always end up steaming them. Boring! These are a million times more interesting, and they’re so delicious.
I could seriously make a meal out of these green beans.
But if you must… add a steak and some rice or potatoes, and this will be a fantastic meal for you!
Roasted Green Beans with Lemon, Pine Nuts and Parmigiano
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/4 pounds fresh green beans, rinsed well, ends trimmed
- 1 small head garlic
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest (from 1 to 2 medium lemons), divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated Parmigiano- Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Put beans in large mixing bowl. Peel garlic and quarter each clove lengthwise. Add garlic to green beans. Toss together with 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Spread beans on a rimmed baking sheet and roast on the middle rack of the oven for 10 minutes. Give the beans a stir. Continue roasting until the beans and garlic pieces are lightly browned and tender throughout, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a small pan. Heat the pan and toast them dry over low heat, stirring constantly until they begin to brown lightly and give off that toasted nut scent.
- Transfer the beans to a small serving platter or shallow bowl; add lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss gently to coat and season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the toasted pine nuts, the remaining 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest, the Parmigiano, and the parsley. Serve hot or at room temperature.