Bacon Wrapped Green Beans are bundles of green beans wrapped with bacon and baked with butter and brown sugar.
I first had these fabulous bacon wrapped green beans when my lovely friend Cindy contributed them to a dinner that I hosted. I was making brisket, and this was the perfect side dish. She brought them ready to bake in the oven, and we baked them at my house. We all enjoyed them so much, so of course I asked for the recipe.
Cindy got the recipe from a cookbook called, Créme de Colorado (a Junior League Cookbook). I had this particular cookbook on my shelves, once upon a time. Junior League cookbooks are always the best!
Only 5 Ingredients are needed:
- thin, fresh green beans
- garlic salt
- light brown sugar
How to make Bacon Wrapped Green Beans:
The complete, printable recipe is at the end of this post.
There are two “pre-steps” to this recipe. The green beans should be steamed until crisp-tender. And the bacon needs to be “slightly” pre-cooked. For the bacon, just put it on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 400 just until slightly cooked. Then remove from the pan and pat with paper towels.
Sprinkle the bundles with brown sugar.
The baked green beans are buttery and sweet. I love the inclusion of bacon to bundle them up. They’re so pretty for an elegant dinner party, and they’re easy enough for a weeknight dinner too.
Find some fresh green beans and make this recipe. The haricot verts at Costco work perfectly. I hope you and your dinner-eaters love these bacon wrapped green beans as much as we do. Enjoy!
The Best Green Bean Recipes:
- Creamy Baked Green Beans
- Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Roasted Green Beans with Lemon, Pine Nuts and Parmigiano
- Green Beans with Mushrooms and Shallots
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- 2 pounds thin fresh green beans, steamed until crisp-tender
- 6 strips bacon, partially cooked (see NOTES below)
- garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Gather 6 to 10 beans in bundles and wrap ½ piece of bacon around the center of each bundle. Place the bundles in a baking dish. Sprinkle the bundles with garlic salt. Pour melted butter over the bundles. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bacon is done. You can put them under the broiler the last couple of minutes, if you'd like.
- To partially cook the bacon, lay the bacon on a foil-rimmed baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F. for a few minutes, just until the bacon is slightly cooked.