Mushrooms + Shallots + Green Beans make a lovely and delicious side dish: Green Beans with Mushrooms and Shallots
Green Beans with Mushrooms and Shallots
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 3/4 lb. assorted fresh mushrooms (button, baby bella, shiitake, oyster, chanterelle, etc), sliced
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place green beans in a steamer insert placed in a pan above a small amount of boiling water. Cover and steam until tender but not squishy (or however you desire them to be).
- While beans are steaming, heat oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the water they release has evaporated and they begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Add the green beans and stir to combine and rewarm. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 3/4 cup)
- Calories: 143, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 5.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Carbohydrates: 18
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: SmartPoints: 4, Points Plus: 3 Old Points Program: 4