In this recipe for Roasted Whole Carrots, the carrots are drizzled with honey and fresh rosemary.
Roasted Whole Carrots with Rosemary and Honey
- 2 pounds small whole carrots (as many colors as possible)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil.
- Cut all but ¼-inch of greens off of the carrots. Thoroughly scrub the carrots (peel if you wish, but they have a more rustic look with the skins left on). Arrange the carrots in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and roll to coat.
- Place in the oven to roast until tender when pierced with a knife, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with rosemary. Serve warm or at room temperature.