Love, love, LOVE this French tuna salad: Salad Nicoise
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound green beans
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium lemons, juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 cups mixed gourmet salad greens
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, chilled and sliced
- 1/2 pound tuna chunks, fresh cooked or canned (fresh is best!)
- 1/2 cup Niçoise or black olives
- 2 small red onions, minced
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Prepare green beans by rinsing and snapping ends. Steam 8 to 10 minutes until almost tender. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Combine garlic, lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a shaker jar. Set aside.
- To prepare salad, place lettuce on individual serving plates, followed by green beans, tuna, olives, onions and tomatoes.
- Shake dressing jar well. Pour over salads and serve.
- Reduce fat/calories by reducing amount of oil.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1/6th of the salad)
- Calories: 295, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 3.4g, Sugar: 4.3g, Sodium: 183mg, Fiber: 5.4g, Protein: 17.8g, Cholesterol: 209mg, Carbohydrates: 16.5g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: SmartPoints: 6, Points Plus: 8 Old Points Program: 7