This recipe for Sauteed Asparagus with Butter and Parmesan is an easy and delicious side dish to make for dinner.
Sauteed Asparagus with Butter and Parmesan
- 1½ pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Trim thick asparagus with a peeler, leaving them ½-inch thick, or snap off or cut the rough ends.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the asparagus is just tender, 5 to 6 minutes, lowering the heat if needed to keep the asparagus from browning. Don't overcook, the asparagus will soften a little more as it cools. Remove the pan from heat. Sprinkle in parsley and 3 tablespoons of the cheese.
- Transfer to a serving dish, and top with the remaining cheese. Serve immediately.