Slow Cooker Mexican Street Corn Dip is a delicious and easy appetizer to serve at a party.
This Mexican Street Corn Dip is cooked entirely in the slow cooker. The ingredients for the dip are quickly mixed in the blender and then transferred to the slow cooker.
1 1/2 hours on high or 2 to 3 hours on low. That’s all the time you need to cook the dip and get it all nice and warm and toasty.
You can certainly leave it in the slow cooker and serve it up that way, but I prefer to transfer it to a bowl. It will cool down if you move it to a bowl, of course, but this dip is super tasty at room temperature too.
It’s suggested that you add some extra goodies to the top of the dip for serving: chopped green onions, crumbled Cotija cheese and a sprinkle of chili powder. I highly recommend that you follow that suggestion.
Use sturdy chips for dipping because you’ll want to get as much of this good stuff as possible on your chips! This dip is completely addicting. It’s rich. It’s cheesy. And it has a ton of great flavor. It’s my new favorite!
Holiday Slow Cooker Cookbook:
This recipe comes from a cookbook called, Holiday Slow Cooker: 100 Incredible and Festive Recipes for Every Celebration by Leigh Anne Wilkes. Celebrations included in the book are Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day, Chinese New Year, Easter, Cinco de Mayo and 4th of July. I love to have cookbooks like this at hand since I enjoy entertaining during the holidays. And using a slow cooker is a bonus- it makes entertaining so much easier!
Here are a few recipes in the book (all slow cooker recipes) that have caught my eye: Herbed Turkey Breast, Santa Maria Style Pot Roast, Chicken Parmesan Soup, Lemon- Garlic Chicken Pasta, Mongolian Beef, Lemon Pull-Apart Biscuits, Salsa Verde Carnitas, Bacon Mac and Cheese, Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal and Buffalo Chicken Meatballs.
If you love slow cooker recipes as much as me, you might enjoy my Slow Cooker Carnitas Burritos or my Slow Cooker Cider Ham. These Slow Cooker Ribs are a good choice for dinner too.
Slow Cooker Mexican Street Corn Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Two 15-ounce cans corn, drained
- green onion, Cotija cheese and chili powder, for garnish
- Place the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder, lime juice and 1 cup cheese into a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the red onion, remaining cheese and corn, and mix by hand.
- Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add the mixture to the slow cooker and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours or on high for 1½ hours.
- Garnish with chopped green onion, Cotija cheese and an additional sprinkle of chili powder.
- *Nutritional information does not include anything sprinkled on top of the dip (or the chips).