These are worth the wait- SO good: Slow Roasted Plum Tomatoes
If you have one of those days where you’re kind of lazing around the house and planning dinner… you might wish to throw these into the oven to slow roast as your side dish for the night.
They’re simply halved plum tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and surrounded by garlic cloves. Halfway through the roasting process, you’ll drizzle a bit of balsamic vinegar on them.
They turn out to be sweet and tangy, and they’re a nice side for grilled meats.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours and 25 minutes
Slow Roasted Plum Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds large plum tomatoes (about 6)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of dried thyme
- 1 head garlic, peeled (cloves smashed)
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Halve the tomatoes and place them, cut-sides-up, in a pyrex baking pan. Drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of thyme, and scatter the garlic cloves in the pan. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Lower the heat to 200°F. and cook another 2 hours. After 1 hour, drizzle with the vinegar. Baste occasionally. Remove from the oven, baste again, and let cool.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 3 tomato halves)
- Calories: 92, Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sugar: 4.5g, Sodium: 9g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 1.5g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Carbohydrates: 7g
- Weight Watchers POINTS per serving: Freestyle SmartPoints: 2, SmartPoints: 3, PointsPlus: 3, Old Points Program: 2