This beautiful Strawberry Lemonade recipe is so perfect to serve on a warm spring or summer day.
Now that the weather is finally starting to get warmer and we’re starting to see the sun a whole lot more, it’s time to start thinking of recipes that use up beautiful berries! You’re probably starting to see baskets of strawberries on sale for a good price at your local markets. Pick up some strawberries today and make this lemonade!
How to make Strawberry Lemonade:
This strawberry lemonade uses a pint of strawberries and a cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. The strawberries are pureed with a lemon simple syrup and then strained out to preserve the strawberry flavor but get rid of the pulp. The sweet strawberry mixture is combined with sparkling water to create a delicious, homemade lemonade.
I can think of a lot of occasions where this might be a good beverage to whip up and share. A warm weekend is a good reason! But it’s also a nice beverage to serve for a holiday lunch or brunch. For a party with friends, you might consider doubling or tripling the recipe. For an adult party, try adding a little bit of vodka to create a strawberry lemonade cocktail!
How to garnish Strawberry Lemonade:
First off, you don’t have to garnish your lemonade. But it’s so pretty if you do! Stick a small sprig of fresh mint into your lemonade for a pick and pretty garnish. Buy some extra fresh strawberries, cut them in half and slip them onto the edges of your glasses for a double gorgeous garnish.
This recipe comfortably serves four. It’s so good though, so you’ll probably want to double the recipe so you can all enjoy seconds!
Here are a few more recipes you can try that feature strawberries:
- No Cook Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Guacamole
- Strawberry Buttermilk Scones
- Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Strawberry Layer Cake with Cheesecake Frosting
Such a refreshing spring and summer beverage!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, trimmed & halved
- 2 cups sparkling water (chilled)
- mint sprigs and strawberry halves, for garnish (optional)
In a medium saucepan, bring the water and sugar to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves. Add the lemon zest and juice, stir and remove from heat. Let cool completely.
- In a blender, puree the strawberries with about 1/2 cup of the lemon syrup. Add the pureed strawberries to the remaining lemon syrup. Stir; pour through a strainer into a pitcher. Refrigerate until well-chilled.
- When ready to serve, add sparkling water to the pitcher and stir well. Pour over glasses filled with ice, and serve garnished with mint and/or strawberry halves.