Here’s an easy cocktail recipe that is soooo good: Strawberry Mojitos
My husband and I were on a short vacation in Vegas recently. We pretty much just sat by the pool all day long and sipped the resort’s Strawberry Mojitos. I immediately noted that we needed to make them at home!
The mojitos at the resort weren’t heavy on strawberry flavor. We’ve made quite a few cocktails with Jarritos brand sodas before… so I was happy to find that they have a strawberry flavored soda! You should be able to find this type of soda in the Latin aisle of your regular grocery store. If not, you can certainly use club soda… it just won’t have as strong of a strawberry flavor. And that’s okay… these will still be good with club soda too.
A good bout of muddling of fresh strawberries and mint really brings out the flavors you want in this cocktail. They’re perfect for summer Happy Hours!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 4 lime wedges
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 4 ounces white rum
- one bottle of Jarritos strawberry soda (or club soda)
- Additional strawberries and mint, for garnish (if desired)
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sugar in each of two tall glasses. Squeeze the juice from 2 lime wedges into each glass. Add 4 mint leaves and 1/4 cup strawberries to each glass. Muddle the mixture in each glass to bring out the flavors. If you don't have an "official" muddler, it's okay to use the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Add a few ice cubes and 2 ounces of white rum to each glass. Pour strawberry soda into each glass, stir, garnish with a strawberry (if desired) and serve.
- Jarritos strawberry soda can be found in the Latin aisle of many regular grocery stores. Club soda can be substituted... it just won't have as strong of a strawberry flavor. If using club soda, add a full teaspoon of sugar to each cocktail.