Cranberry Mojitos are the perfect cocktail for Happy Hour. Frozen cranberry juice cocktail gives these their delicious flavor and pink hue.
Classic mojitos are such a favorite cocktail, so it’s fun to change things up and turn them into a seasonal beverage. Cranberry Mojitos will be a great drink to serve from now through Christmas. It’s my birthday today (Nov. 2nd), so I’m planning on celebrating with mojitos!
- simple syrup
- fresh mint
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- frozen cranberry juice cocktail concentrate
- sparkling water
How to make Cranberry Mojitos:
Mash fresh mint with simple syrup in the bottom of a pitcher. The best way to do this is to use a wooden spoon for mashing. Add the rum and lime juice and stir. If you don’t have a lemon/lime squeezer, pick up this hand-held citrus juicer. You’ll use it so much!
Stir in the cranberry juice concentrate and sparkling water. Look for cranberry juice concentrate in the frozen juice section (near the frozen orange juice). If you have any trouble finding it, use jarred cranberry juice cocktail instead.
Look for sparkling water in the flavored water section. Use plain sparkling water, or grab some with a lime flavor! If making these Cranberry Mojitos ahead of serving time, don’t add the sparkling water until just before serving. Refrigerate until ready to serve (plan to serve the day that you make it).
Stir in 6 cups of ice, if serving immediately. Otherwise, it’s perfectly okay to put ice in individual glasses and serve the mojitos on top of the ice.
Garnish with fresh mint leaves and lime wedges.
How to make simple syrup:
Simple syrup is basically sweetened water. It’s used to easily mix into cocktails to add a little sweetness. To make simple syrup, combine equal amounts of sugar and water in a saucepan. Heat and stir until the sugar dissolves. Let the simple syrup cool completely. Better yet, store the simple syrup in the refrigerator until ready to use. I recommend you make more than needed for your recipe since there is a chance you’ll want to make more than one batch. Simple syrup will stay good in your refrigerator for up to one month.
These Cranberry Mojitos will be the hit of the holiday season. You may wish to double the recipe. Enjoy!
Here are a few more fall-themed beverages you might like to try:
- Pama Party Punch
- Apple Cider Sangria
- How to Make a Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Caramel Apple Manhattan
- Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
- Irish Coffee Eggnog
- Pomegranate Punch
- Easy Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bunch fresh mint, stems trimmed
- 1¾ cups light rum
- 1¼ cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup frozen cranberry juice cocktail concentrate, thawed
- Two 10-ounce bottles chilled sparkling water
- mint leaves and lime wedges, for garnish
MAKE THE SIMPLE SYRUP:
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Let the syrup cool completely. It's best to make it ahead and let it chill in the fridge. Make double if you think you'll need more mojitos!
ASSEMBLE THE MOJITOS:
- Using a wooden spoon, mash mint with the simple syrup in the bottom of a large pitcher. Add the rum and lime juice; stir.
- Mix in thawed cranberry juice concentrate and sparkling water. Stir in 6 cups of ice, or serve individual cocktails over ice. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Use a little less simple syrup if you prefer a drink that is a little less sweet.