This Caramel Apple Manhattan is one of my favorite cocktails during fall. It’s classy and easy to make, and has one of the best little cocktail garnishes!
In my early twenties, I paid off some of my students loans by bartending at night a few nights a week. I loved the job. It was so great to interact with customers, but my favorite part of the job was coming up with drinks. Luckily, the bar manager gave me a long leash when it came to creating cocktails once he realized I could pair flavors okay.
One of my favorite things to do is pair a really classic cocktail, like a manhattan, with a fun flavor profile. That’s what I tried to do here with this delicious caramel apple manhattan!
To make the garnishes, I just microwave a few soft caramel candies in 30 second bursts until they are melted and smooth. Then I dip in my apples!
The apples will work best if you let them set up in the fridge for a few minutes on parchment paper (or wax paper).
The cocktail is a classic mix of bourbon and sweet vermouth, but spiked with apple cider and Calvados (a classic apple liquor).
If you’re a cocktail fan, put this one on your list!
Here are a few more delicious cocktails you might enjoy:
Caramel Apple Manhattan
- 3 soft caramel candies
- 1 apple slice
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 2 ounces apple cider
- ½ ounce Calvados apple brandy
- ½ ounce sweet vermouth
- For garnish, unwrap the candies and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave candies on high in 30 second bursts, stirring in between, until caramel is melted and smooth.
- Dip the apple slice in caramel and place the dipped apple slice on a plate with parchment or wax paper. Let the apple slice chill in the fridge.
- To make a cocktail, combine the bourbon, apple cider, Calvados apple brandy and vermouth in a shaker with lots of ice. Top and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with caramel apple slice.
- You can serve this cocktail on the rocks, but strain it into a glass with fresh ice. I like to use larger ice cubes for a manhattan like this.