Tropical Peach Sangria is the perfect cocktail to make in the summer when fruit is ripe and sweet and perfect!
If you like to make summer cocktails for hot summer nights, then this is the next one to try. You may have already tried my Strawberry-Peach Sangria, but this one is delicious too! Besides the hint of peach flavor in this drink, there’s also orange juice and pineapple juice added in. The combination of the three summer fruits in this Tropical Peach Sangria is so delicious! Oh yeah, add white wine, brandy and triple sec to create the cocktail part of it all!
- white wine
- orange juice
- pineapple juice
- peach purée or peach nectar
- simple syrup
- triple sec
How to make Tropical Peach Sangria:
It really couldn’t be any easier to make this drink. You need a pitcher. And to that pitcher you’ll add one entire bottle of dry white wine. I like to use either sauvignon blanc or pinot grigio for Sangria. Then add orange juice, pineapple juice and brandy. Peach purée or peach nectar is added next (see note below). And finally simple syrup and triple sec are mixed in.
Chill the tropical peach sangria mixture (with fruit added in to it, if you’d like) for about 8 hours (or overnight). The chill time is important. You want to give the flavors a chance to meld.
How do you make simple syrup?
Mix equal parts of sugar and water brought to a boil for 2 minutes in a small saucepan and then cooled- leftover syrup can be stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month. It’s okay to have extra simple syrup on hand because it’s great to use in other cocktail recipes or even added to iced tea or iced coffee!
How do you make peach purée:
Add peeled peaches to a blender or food processor with a little bit of water to create a peach purée. Alternately, you can use store-bought peach nectar. Kern’s is the brand that makes different flavored nectars in my market. It can be located in the juice aisle, and it’s sold in cans.
Sliced oranges, peach wedges and pineapple chunks are good additions to this Tropical Peach Sangria. It’s nice to add the fruit to the pitcher and allow it to soak up the flavors. Then when you sip your cocktail, you can eat some of the alcohol-infused fruit too. Enjoy!
Tropical Peach Sangria
- One 750ml. bottle dry white wine (like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 ounces brandy
- 3 ounces peach puree (can use Kern's Peach Nectar, or make your own puree- see Notes below)
- 2 ounces simple syrup (see notes below)
- 2 ounces triple sec
- peach segments, orange slices, pineapple chunks (for garnish, as desired)
- Place all ingredients in a pitcher and stir to mix. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 48 hours.
- Serve over ice (if desired). Add fruit to each serving.
- *To prepare simple syrup: mix equal parts of sugar and water brought to a boil for 2 minutes in a small saucepan and then cooled- leftover syrup can be stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- *To make peach puree: peel peaches, remove pits and puree in a blender with a small amount of water.