FARFALLE W/ SPINACH, GARLIC & RICOTTA
1 Tbs. + 1 tsp olive oil
1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb fresh spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
salt and pepper to taste
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/3 cup 1% milk
12 oz bowtie pasta
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add bell pepper and cook, stirring until tender -about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until tender -about 2 minutes.
3. Stir in spinach, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook, stirring until spinach has wilted. Stir in ricotta and milk and cook until the sauce is creamy and heated through (about 4 minutes).
4. Transfer spinach sauce to a large bowl. Add hot pasta and basil. Toss well to combine.
5. Spoon pasta and sauce into 4 bowls and serve immediately.
PRINT THIS RECIPE using your browser’s ‘print’ function. It’s automatically formatted to print recipe & picture only.
RATE THIS RECIPE[ratings]