This Low Fat Hummus still has all of the great flavors of the classic recipe.
Serve it up with fresh and crispy vegetables for a healthy, diet-friendly treat.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Low Fat Hummus
- 1/2 cup 1% low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- One (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drain & save liquid (then rinse & drain)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- fresh veggies or pita, for serving
- Place all ingredients except parsley and veggies/pita in a food processor; process until smooth. Use reserved garbanzo bean liquid to thin out the hummus, if needed. Taste and adjust spices, as desired. Stir in the parsley.
- Scoop the hummus into a dish, cover and store in refrigerator.
- Serve with pita bread or fresh vegetables.
- Nutrition Facts per serving (recipe divided into 4 equal portions) Calories 203, Total Fat 5.62g, Saturated Fat 0.88g, Cholesterol 1.13mg, Sodium 528.72mg, Potassium 283.80mg, Carbohydrates 28.79g, Dietary Fiber 5.56g, Sugar 0.90g, Net Carbohydrates 23.22g, Protein 10.58g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: SmartPoints: 3, Points Plus Program: 5, Old Points Program: 4