Apple Spice Hummus is a homemade hummus recipe with apples mixed in. It’s great served with freshly sliced apples too.
This is quite a unique hummus recipe. The apple taste is evident, as is the peanut butter. I do suggest adding the optional cayenne pepper for a slight bit of spice. We served this at a fall happy hour, and our guests enjoyed it most with apples.
Here are a few more apple spice themed recipes you might like to try:
- Spiced Apple Waffles
- Easy Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Cinnamon Apple Pie Cake
- Apple Spice Whoopie Pies
- Apple Cinnamon Upside Down Cake
Apple Spice Hummus
- Two 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium Golden Delicious apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter or tahini
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- additional cayenne pepper, for sprinkling (optional)
- apple slices, carrot slices and/or crackers
- In a food processor bowl or blender container, place half of each of the following ingredients: garbanzo beans, chopped apple, lemon juice, peanut butter, water, salt, apple pie spice, and cayenne. Cover and process or blend until smooth; transfer to bowl. Repeat with the remaining half of the above ingredients; combine with the previously blended batch. Cover, and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Before serving, sprinkle the dip with cayenne pepper.
- Serve dip with apple slices, carrot slices, and/or crackers.
- *If you serve this dip with apple slices, be sure to give the slices a quick toss with a little bit of lemon juice before serving. This will prevent the apples from browning
- Nutritional information includes the hummus only- not the dippers.