Pork Chops stuffed with Smoked Gouda
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 12 min
1/2 pound smoked gouda cheese, shredded
8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Four 2 1/2-inch thick center-cut, bone-in pork chops
2 teaspoons olive oil
salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine cheese, bacon, parsley and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Set aside.
3. Lay the chop flat on the cutting board, and with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, going all the way to the bone, but leaving the sides intact. Stuff cheese mixture into the pocket, and close with a wooden toothpick.
4. Brush meat with oil, and season with salt and more black pepper.
5. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side, or until pork is done. Alternately, you can fry these in a pan in a light amount of oil.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (recipe was given to me)