A lovely weeknight stir fry: Thai Pork Stir Fry
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 23 min
Thai Pork Stir Fry
1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into stir fry strips
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
8 ounces thin spaghetti, uncooked
4 cups broccoli florets
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
3 cups shredded green cabbage
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, cornstarch, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in large zip bag; mix until smooth. Add pork to bag and let marinate at room temperature while preparing pasta and vegetables.
2. Cook spaghetti according to directions; drain.
3. While spaghetti is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots 3 minutes; add onion, pepper, cabbage and garlic. Continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove to bowl; keep warm.
4. Add pork mixture and remaining oil to skillet. Stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes, or until pork is nicely browned. Return vegetables to skillet; heat through.
5. Serve pork mixture over spaghetti.
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (via theotherwhitemeat.com )