Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
3 tablespoons salted butter
1/2 cup minced shallots
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3/4 cup white wine
1 pound cooked lobster meat, chopped
1 1/2 cups half and half cream
1 tablespoon cognac (optional)
additional, larger pieces of lobster meat, for garnish
chopped chives, for garnish (optional)
1. Melt the butter in large saucepan over low heat, and sauté the shallots until tender.
2. Meanwhile, bring the broth, bay leaf, and thyme to a boil in another saucepan.
3. Whisk the flour into the shallot mixture, cook, stirring 1-2 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste; slowly whisk in the boiling broth. Gradually add wine; simmer 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
4. Add the lobster meat and soup into a food processor and blend. Return the mixture to the saucepan, stir in half and half, then cognac. Heat through.
5. Garnish with lobster and serve.
*To make this soup gluten-free, be sure to use a brand of broth that is known to be GF, and use a substitute for the all-purpose flour- such as GF All Purpose, cornstarch or another GF thickening agent.