Here’s an easy slow cooker soup: Tuscan Sausage and Bean Soup
Yield: 6 servings (1 1/2 cups per serving)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Slow- Cook Tuscan Sausage and Bean Soup
- One (12-ounce) link of turkey kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium bunch kale, stems removed, & leaves chopped (about 4 cups)
- 3 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- One (15.5-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- One (15.5-ounce) can great Northern beans, rinsed & drained
- One (14.5-ounce) can Italian seasoned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (or water)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients except Parmesan. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low until the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 hours.
- If you are preparing this recipe as Dairy Free, skip the addition of Parmesan cheese.
- If you are preparing this recipe as Gluten-Free, make sure you add in sausage, beans and broth that are free of gluten.
- Nutritional Information per serving (Serving size: 1 1/2 cups) Calories: 241, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 5g Sodium: 1258mgg, Fiber: 8g, Protein: 19g, Cholesterol: 37mg, Carbohydrates: 31g
- Weight Watchers POINTS: Points Plus Program: 6, Old Points Program: 4
SOURCE: RecipeGirl.com (Adapted slightly from Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook)