Inspired by my friend Jenny, I’ve been stuffing my cookies too. Most recently, I whipped up a batch of Reeses Stuffed Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. But I don’t know whether to love Jenny or hate her. My family cannot stop eating these, despite our extreme efforts to eat healthy these past few months!
Here’s the how-to >>
One heaping Tablespoon of dough…smashed down with the criss-cross of a fork…topped with a full-sized Reeses Peanut Butter Cup…and another big scoop of dough on top of that! Use your fork to criss-cross the top and smoosh everything down a bit…then sprinkle a few additional chocolate chips on top to make everything look pretty.
These 4 to 5-inch bad-boys bake up in about 12 minutes.
They’re a tender cookie (not crunchy, but certainly not cakey), and when you bite into one… you’ll most certainly discover the surprise of the Reeses Peanut Butter Cup baked inside.
I hope you like milk… you’ll need quite a few swigs of it to wash down all of this decadence.
We don’t often swoon much over cookies at our house, but my family went nuts over these.
Yield: 12 large (4 to 5-inch) cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Reeses Stuffed Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, plus a few extra for topping (optional)
- 12 full-sized Reeses Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats (or spray with nonstick spray).
- In a large bowl, use electric mixer to cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add egg and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Stir together just until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Plan for baking 6 to 8 cookies on a large baking sheet. Scoop out a heaping tablespoonful of dough and place it on your cookie sheet. Use a sugared fork to make a criss-cross on the dough (to smash it down a bit). Top with a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. The top with another heaping Tablespoonful of dough (so that the PB Cup is sandwiched between two scoopfuls of dough). Use a sugared fork to criss-cross the top and make sure the dough is covering most of the PB Cup. Stud a few extra chocolate chips on top. Repeat with remaining cookie dough and PB Cups.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned and almost set.
- A little tip for measuring peanut butter... spray your measuring cup with nonstick spray first, then scoop the peanut butter in to measure. It'll slide right out of the cup, without sticking!
- These cookies freeze well. Throw individual cookies in sandwich-sized zip baggies and toss them in the freezer for times when the mood for cookies strikes.