Yield: 6 sandwiches
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Grilled Reuben Sandwiches
- 1 cup Thousand island salad dressing
- 18 slices rye bread
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup canned sauerkraut, drained
- 24 slices thinly sliced corned beef
- butter, softened
- Spread dressing on one side of 12 slices of bread; arrange 1 slice cheese, 2 teaspoons sauerkraut, and 2 slices corned beef evenly over each slice. Stack to make six 2-layer sandwiches; top with remaining bread.
- Spread butter on outside of top slice of bread; invert sandwiches onto a hot skillet or griddle. Cook until bread is golden. Spread butter on un-grilled side of bread; carefully turn sandwiches, and cook until bread is golden and cheese is slightly melted.
- Secure sandwiches with wooden picks; cut crosswise into 3 pieces. Serve hot.