Here’s a No Bake Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake with a chocolate cookie crust. The chocolate cheesecake has a silky texture and added Baileys Irish Cream. This recipe couldn’t be easier!
I love the tanginess from the cream cheese in this Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake and its’ great silky texture. There is a subtle richness and the intense chocolate flavor adds a luxurious flair to this no bake dessert.
Baileys Irish Cream:
Baileys Irish Cream is a super popular liqueur made from Irish whiskey, coffee and cream, so you know it marries perfectly with chocolate! You don’t have to use the Baileys brand liqueur, any Irish cream will do. After testing this recipe a few times, we found that 1/4 cup of Baileys is just about right. Don’t get carried away and add more Irish cream, and don’t skip the vanilla; it really balances the flavors perfectly.
If you are interested in making your very own homemade Irish Cream, I do have a recipe for Homemade Irish Cream Liqueur that you can try. It’s quite delicious, and you can keep it for up to one month in your refrigerator.
No Bake Cheesecake
This is a no bake recipe! Due to the high chocolate content, there’s no need for gelatin to ensure it sets up perfectly.
The cheesecake portion of this recipe is made with only 6 ingredients so it’s extra important to use the best quality chocolate you can find. Chocolate chips do not work well in this cheesecake and may seize up when added to the cream cheese. We tested with bittersweet and semi-sweet chocolate and without a doubt, prefer the semi-sweet. Cream cheese has a lovely texture already, but when you add in lots of melted, cooled chocolate the consistency becomes a little thicker but still melt-in-your-mouth velvety smooth.
I recommend cutting this cheesecake when very cold. For pretty slices, warm the knife under hot water and dry before cutting each piece. This 8-inch no-bake Irish cream cheesecake will easily serve 10 to 12 so be sure to cut the pieces small. This Baileys cheesecake is not overly sweet; it has just the right amount of chocolate flavor and it melts in your mouth like butter!
This No Bake Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake is best served with fresh strawberries or raspberries and a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream. The tartness of the fruit pairs perfectly with the creamy chocolate cheesecake and in my humble opinion, adds to the whole experience.
I made the crust with Nabisco Famous Cookie Wafers but feel free to use homemade cookies or another brand. I would not make it with anything too sweet – you just don’t need it!
This easy-peasy No Bake Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake keeps for up to a week when refrigerated. It’s best cut when cold then allowed to sit at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before serving. This dessert is a terrific ending to a nice dinner party or for your next St. Patrick’s Day extravaganza! The Irish love cheesecake too!
If you want to use up some more of your Baileys Irish Cream, try some of these recipes:
- Irish Cream Bundt Cake
- Irish Coffee Eggnog
- Chocolate Soufflé with Bailey’s Crème Anglaise
- Baileys Chocolate Mousse
- Irish Cream Cupcakes with Baileys Buttercream Frosting
- Irish Cream Chocolate Shots for Two
- Molten Chocolate Cakes with Irish Cream
No Bake Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake
A most incredible, creamy chocolate cheesecake with a touch of Baileys Irish Cream added in.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 5 ounces chocolate wafer cookies (see Recipe Notes below)
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 16 ounces good quality semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (do not use chocolate chips)
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream Liqueur (I use Baileys)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
FOR SERVING (optional)
- sweetened whipped cream, strawberries & shaved chocolate
- Turn the base of an 8-inch springform pan upside down to make it easier to remove the cheesecake later. Line the bottom with parchment paper and secure the sides. Lightly grease the sides of the pan with butter. Set aside.
PREPARE THE CRUST:
Place the chocolate wafer cookies into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until cookies turn into a fine crumb. Add the butter and sugar and pulse again until combined. Spread the cookie mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Press down firmly (especially at the outside edges of the pan, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
PREPARE THE CHEESECAKE:
- While the crust is chilling, place the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of hot (not boiling) water. Heat until melted, stir occasionally. Remove the bowl of melted chocolate from the saucepan and set aside to cool.
In a medium mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a clean large mixing bowl, using the same mixer, combine the granulated sugar and cream cheese. Beat well until combined. Add the cooled chocolate and mix on low until blended. Add the whipped cream mixture into the chocolate cream cheese mixture and blend on low. Add the Irish cream and vanilla and blend on low until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and blend another few seconds. Spoon the cheesecake mixture into the cake pan and smooth the top, an off-set spatula works best here. Lightly cover top with plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
Remove the sides of the pan and gently transfer to a serving plate. Cut into slices using a warm, dry knife. Serve immediately garnished with sweetened whipped cream, strawberries and chocolate shavings, if desired.
- I use Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers.