Here’s a No Bake Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake with a chocolate cookie crust. The chocolate cheesecake has a silky texture and added Baileys Irish Cream. This recipe couldn’t be easier!
Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake
I love the tanginess from the cream cheese in this Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake and its’ great silky texture. There is a subtle richness and the intense chocolate flavor adds a luxurious flair to this no bake dessert.
Baileys Irish Cream is a super popular liqueur made from Irish whiskey, coffee and cream, so you know it marries perfectly with chocolate! You don’t have to use the Baileys brand liqueur, any Irish cream will do. After testing this recipe a few times, we found that 1/4 cup of Baileys is just about right. Don’t get carried away and add more Irish cream, and don’t skip the vanilla; it really balances the flavors perfectly.
No Bake Cheesecake
This is a no bake recipe! Due to the high chocolate content, there’s no need for gelatin to ensure it sets up perfectly.
The cheesecake portion of this recipe is made with only 6 ingredients so it’s extra important to use the best quality chocolate you can find. Chocolate chips just don’t cut the mustard in this cheesecake. We tested with bittersweet and semi-sweet chocolate and without a doubt, prefer the semi-sweet. Cream cheese has a lovely texture already, but when you add in lots of melted, cooled chocolate the consistency becomes a little thicker but still melt-in-your-mouth velvety smooth.
I recommend cutting this cheesecake when very cold. For pretty slices, warm the knife under hot water and dry before cutting each piece. This 8-inch no-bake Irish cream cheesecake will easily serve 10 to 12 so be sure to cut the pieces small. This Baileys cheesecake is not overly sweet; it has just the right amount of chocolate flavor and it melts in your mouth like butter!
This No Bake Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake is best served with fresh strawberries or raspberries and a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream. The tartness of the fruit pairs perfectly with the creamy chocolate cheesecake and in my humble opinion, adds to the whole experience.
I made the crust with Nabisco Famous Cookie Wafers but feel free to use homemade cookies or another brand. I would not make it with anything too sweet – you just don’t need it!
This easy-peasy No Bake Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake keeps for up to a week when refrigerated. It’s best cut when cold then allowed to sit at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before serving. This dessert is a terrific ending to a nice dinner party or for your next St. Patrick’s Day extravaganza! The Irish love cheesecake too!
Yield: 10-12 servings
Prep Time: 30 minutes
No Bake Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 5 ounces chocolate wafer cookies (I use Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
For the cheesecake:
- 16 ounces (good quality) semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1/4 cup Irish Cream liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
To serve (optional):
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Chocolate curls or shaved chocolate
- Turn the base of an 8-inch springform pan upside down to make it easier to remove the cheesecake later. Line the bottom with parchment paper and secure the sides. Lightly grease the sides of the pan with butter. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate wafer cookies into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until cookies to a fine crumb. Add the butter and sugar and pulse again until combined. Spread the cookie mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Press down firmly (especially at the outside edges of the pan, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- While the crust is chilling, place the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of hot (not boiling) water. Heat until melted, stir occasionally. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cream cheese. Beat until combined. Add the cooled chocolate and gently fold together until blended. In a separate bowl, with a clean whisk or beater attachment, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Gently mix the whipped cream mixture into the chocolate cream cheese mixture. Add the Irish cream and vanilla and blend on low until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and blend another few seconds. Spoon the cheesecake mixture into the cake pan and smooth the top, an off-set spatula works best here. Lightly cover top with plastic wrap and chill until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove the sides of the pan and gently transfer to a serving plate. Cut into slices using a warm, dry knife. Serve immediately garnished with sweetened whipped cream and strawberries if desired.
Here are a few more Irish Cream dessert recipes you might enjoy:
- Chocolate Soufflé with Bailey’s Crème Anglaise from Saving Room for Dessert
- Baileys Chocolate Mousse from RecipeGirl
- Irish Cream Chocolate Shots for Two from Seasons and Suppers
- How to Make Homemade Irish Cream (VIDEO) from The View from Great Island