A quick and easy dessert for St. Patrick’s Day: Molten Chocolate Cakes with Irish Cream
These puff up like little souffles. The Irish cream is simply a drizzle of Irish Cream liqueur. A great pairing!
You want to eat this just out of the oven to get the most out of the ooey-gooey, warm and decadent chocolate part hidden inside.
Molten Chocolate Cakes with Irish Cream
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon Irish cream liqueur
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 8 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly butter four 4 ounce ramekins.
- Place butter and chocolate in medium glass bowl; microwave on high for about 2 minutes, stirring twice, until butter and chocolate are melted.
- Remove chocolate from microwave and let cool until no longer hot to touch. Add eggs, sugar and 1 tablespoon Irish Cream; beat with electric mixer until foamy. Beat in flour until just combined.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into the ramekins and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until set around the edges and soft in the middle.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then invert onto 4 small plates. Pour 2 tablespoons of liqueur around each dessert. These are most delicious when served warm.